Monday, April 1, 2013

Should I buy an HTC 8X for Verizon or keep my Galaxy SIII?

galaxy siii on Samsung Galaxy S3 : Test complet
galaxy siii image



Ronnie


I currently have a Verizon Galaxy SIII. It's white, the 16GB model with a 32GB SD card. I am really wanting to switch from Android to the elegant Windows Phone 8 device. The 8X has amazing curb appeal, but would it really be worth switching? I would sell the GS3 on eBay for a ~$400+ profit guaranteed, so I would be paying around $150, if not less. I don't have an upgrade on my account. I want real answers, and nobody say, "BUY AN IPHONE, THEY'RE SO COOL." I don't want an iPhone. This is between two phones. I want a great user experience, camera, speed, battery life, and looks. Thanks!


Answer
Trust me, if you get the HTC Windows Phone 8X, you're actually downgrading phones. Why do I say this?

User experience on the Windows Phone 8X leaves much to be desired. The live tiles sound awesome, but you're actually not doing much on it that you can't do on Android (the OS that the Galaxy S III runs). The Galaxy S III allows you to change launchers (if you don't like the way the Touchwiz interface looks) and make it look different from the stock launcher.

Camera on both phones are pretty much on par with each other (HTC gives too much hype on their image sense technology, which isn't really that great to begin with).

Speed is pretty much on par with each other (since they both have the same processors). The 8X is just a tad hair smoother because it doesn't have as many graphical components that the S III has.

The Galaxy S III has better battery life than the 8X though (and if you want more on the S III, you can just buy an extended battery and make it even better). The 8X has a nonremovable battery, so you're stuck with that battery until your contract ends.

The only thing that the 8X probably has that's better than the S III is build quality. Feels more secure in the hand and looks like it can take a better drop than the S III.

I know you didn't ask this, but I'm going to go over it anyways. App support is key to success for a mobile OS. Android has hundreds of thousands of apps available to download. Many of which are FREE to download. Windows Phone however, doesn't have even close to the amount Android has (about 100000 vs Android's 700000+ apps).

Is that enough of an explanation for you? Most people I know either have iPhones or Galaxy S IIIs anyways. I don't see anyone having the Windows Phone 8X so that should also show how popular the Galaxy S III is compared to the 8X. Just keep your Galaxy S III and move on. Hope this helped.

Is it possible to password protect your twitter app on galaxy s3?




Elise


I have the Galaxy SIII and I have installed the twitter app. I just want to know if it is possible to password protect the app so when you try to open it a password is required.

Thanks!



Answer
http://droidlessons.com/how-to-password-protect-apps-on-android/

found this it may work but its a trial app

Should I trade my iPhone for a galaxy sIII?




williamf


Should I trade my iPhone for a galaxy sIII? It looks really amazing!


Answer
Galaxy S3 has way more cool, buy unnecessary feature. Coming from a long times Android user who just switched to the Iphone 5, IOS is way more user friendly, and since its so simple and intuitive, the phones runs faster, with hardware specs that are alot easier on the phones battery.

I have an iPhone 5 can I trade it for a Galaxy SIII?




Decwar


Hi, I currently have an iPhone 5 for Sprint and like it a lot, but I've always been more of an Android fan... I have had this phone for almost a month about 3 weeks, and was wondering if I can go to sprint and trade it in for a Galaxy SIII if that is possible?


Answer
Iphone Vs Andriod? Its like Mac Vs Pc... You're making the right choice.. It wouldn't hurt to go ask, If not you can ask if you can trade it in towards the purchase of the precious.. If not still, you can run by Gamestop and ask how much cash you can get for your Iphone5. Then if enough sell it to them and buy the precious..



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment